No need to wing it with your festive bird this Christmas, when we've got this delicious alternative to a traditional turkey. If you want to go all out and impress your guests or you just fancy a change, then our recipe for Moroccan Spiced Roast Duck with Honey might just be your showstopper. The rich, dark meat and crispy skin make a mouth-watering centerpiece with a fragrant twist.What you need;
1 Whole Duck, cut through the centre
2 tablespoons Duck Fat
2 tablespoons Ras-el-Hanout (or follow the blend of spices at the bottom to create your own)
2 tablespoons Honey
1 Bay Leaf
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
2 teaspoons Freshly Grated Ginger
4 tablespoons water
How to do it;
- Preheat oven to 100°c.
- Combine the Ras El-Hanout spices and blend into a powder (or use a good quality shop-bought blend).
- Carefully cut the duck along the backbone to make two halves and pierce the skin with a pin all over. - Place on a roasting tray and dress the duck with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover the roasting tray with foil.
- After 40 mins take the tray out of the oven and remove foil. Turn the oven up to 210°c and continue to cook for 25 mins.
- Allow to rest before carving and serving! 🤤
Ingredients for the Ras-El-Hanout if you want to make it yourself;
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Ground Allspice
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
3/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Ground Cumin
2 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Coriander Seed
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Ground Mace
2 tsp Ground Cardamom
1 tsp Ground Anise Seed